RMail for Outlook Desktop & Office 365
RMail empowers Outlook with robust functionalities for businesses that need to track and prove email and content delivery, send encrypted information in a compliant manner, and protect against human e-security errors and cyberattacks like whaling and wire-fraud.
Installing the RMail for Outlook app adds a “Send Registered™” button to the mail compose window in Microsoft Outlook (versions 2010 or newer, or Office 365 Outlook) This add-in also works with Office 365 (if you install Microsoft Outlook onto your computer). The button will appear above or next to the traditional “Send” button and allows the user to send RMail messages. RMail for Outlook software includes the following sending options: email open tracking, proof of email delivery, encryption, electronic signature & contracting, large file transfer, PDF conversion, authentication, metadata cleaning, and more.
Installing the RMail for Outlook app also enables advanced AI to automate the decision on what to send encrypted, or which emails need to be certified and tracked; and then does it. The AI runs in the background when you click the traditional “Send” or “Reply” buttons.
- Track & Prove: Sends a Registered Email™ message. A Registered Receipt™ email record is then returned to the sender with court-admissible, time-stamped proof of the content delivered and advanced open tracking.
- Dynamic Encryption: Far beyond opportunistic TLS, RMail intelligently delivers email messages and attachments encrypted to the recipient’s inbox with no need for the recipient to register, click links or install any software. The sender is then returned a Registered Encryption™ receipt for auditable proof-of-fact of encryption and compliance with data privacy laws and regulations.
- Right Recipient™ mis-addressing and email impostor human error prevention: AI infused service that, in the moment of sending, and if a message is detected to contain sensitive content, automatically reviews the recipient addresses before transmission, determines if the sender should be prompted to verify whether they really want to send sensitive information to the particular recipients, alerts the sender if they are sending to what could be a fake domain or newly created domain used by an impostor, and then if approved for sending, applies the appropriate level of encryption to the message enroute.
- RMail Recommends™: AI-infused, data loss prevention service that sensitizes users of their need to treat certain messages differently, based on the content of the message. RMail Recommends™ not only protects your organization's data, but also trains users in the moment of sending.
- eSignatures: Attach a document, add addresses and a message, and click “Send to RSign” and your message and attachments open in the RSign full featured e-sign interface ready to configure and send. Or, simply attach and send (no further configuration needed) as a Registered Email message that auto-formats so the recipient can electronically sign. Both services (RMail eSignatures and RSign eSignatures) automatically return a legally signed contract to both sender and recipient.
- Secure Large File Share: Senders can easily attach and track up to 1GB of files from Outlook or the RMail Web app. Senders can send large files securely to any recipient with encryption and configurable self-purging options (from 1 to 90 days) in a one-time online storage box that eliminates the risk of download recipients being able to see sender's cloud storage file structure.
- Disappearing Ink™: senders can tag certain parts of an email message to disappear from within the email after delivery after a designated amount of time since sending, based on number of views, or time per view. There is no record of the content tagged as Dissapearing Ink™ in the sender’s sent mailbox or Registered Receipt™ record; and after the content is scheduled to disappear, it additionally disappears from within the recipient inbox message content with no trace.
- ViewProof™: Senders can tag content in a message template or in any email such that the sender receives court-admissible proof that the recipient has viewed selected tagged parts of an email.
- Anti-Whaling™ email impostor protection: Anti-Whaling technology prevents targeted ‘spear-phishing’ and Business Email Compromise (BEC) attacks and alerts the recipient at the moment of reading or attempting to reply or forward.
- Redact Reply™: Senders can tag content in a message template or in any email, with the tagged content redacted from reply emails if the recipient replies. This automatically removes potentially sensitive text from the reply email thread, protecting the sender from having sensitive content remaining in back-and-forth email threads. The redacted content remains part of the sender’s sent item and Registered Receipt™ email proof record.
- Redact Bcc™: Senders can redact addresses in the To/Cc/Bcc fields, such that recipients in Bcc do not mistakenly reply to all, exposing that they were blind copied.
- SideNote®: Senders can append a private “sticky note” to a copied or blind copied recipient to provide context as to why they were copied. When used in combination with Disappearing Ink™, that note can be set to disappear from the recipient inbox after read.
- Digital Seal®: Specialized service that allows to create authenticatable and visually timestamped pdf attachments (e.g., invoices), reducing the risk of recipients being tricked by impostor emails.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please select the bit version of your Microsoft Outlook (32-bit or 64-bit). The RMail App for Outlook works on both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows so Windows bit version is not relevant.
Please follow the steps below to determine the Outlook bit version:
1. Outlook 2013 or newer: File > Office Account > About Outlook (listed at the end of the first line on the pop-up)
2. Outlook 2010: File > Help (listed on the first line below, “About Outlook”)
The RMail app for Microsoft Outlook is designed to send from your default mail account in Account Settings.