All-in-One Messaging Solution for Insurance Professionals
The Insurance Act 2015 imposes obligations upon brokers and their customers for both commercial and personal lines. Many of these changes are concerned with procedural and compliance-related issues, where brokers should consider recording evidence that they have followed legal requirements and best practices. These mandates may seem challenging, yet they are remarkably easy to achieve with RMail.
Every day, thousands of premier insurance agencies, brokers, and carriers around the world use RMail to:
- Encrypt sensitive emails and documents to meet data security and privacy obligations.
- Retain legal proof of delivery (including encrypted delivery), time of delivery, and exact content for client and carrier/broker communications, post placement administrative correspondence, binding coverage, verify strategic conversations, verify terms and conditions or changes in coverage, and more.
- Get fast, legally-binding, electronic signatures on decisions, waivers, payments, and settlements.
- Move client correspondence from paper-based to paperless delivery.
What Really Matters when Selecting an Encryption Provider?
As with any maturing technology, the novelty and mystery of email encryption has basically worn off. Encryption’s usefulness to maintaining data privacy is widely understood, and the general public increasingly demands its use to protect personal privacy. With encryption technology reaching a point of parity between top providers as far as “security” is concerned, what are other important considerations for insurance professionals?
- Ease of Use – If an encryption system is cumbersome to use, agents will circumvent it, leaving the business with the legal and financial consequences.
- Proof of Compliance – When a complaint is filed against you because of a downstream data breach, how will you get off the hook? Do you have a way to prove your correspondence was sent encrypted?
Ease of Use
RMail is the only encryption provider that allows true direct delivery of encrypted content to the recipient’s inbox through and encrypted transmission or message-level encrypted AES-256 Bit PDF wrapper, so recipients won’t need to register or log in to a separate website to access their secure messages. This means less time spent showing clients how to access their secure messages, eliminating a common source of frustration that leads agents to circumvent other encryption systems.
On top of that, multiple configurable password options and an auto TLS setting (transport layer security) make it easy for insurance professionals to ensure privacy compliance and vary the level of privacy and security depending on the type of message, content, regulations, or recipients.
The Power of Proof
As important as the act of encrypting an email is, it’s only the first part of a successful compliance strategy. If a data breach occurs downstream of your involvement with the sensitive information, you could still find yourself under investigation and possibly made culpable for the breach if you don’t have reliable proof of compliance. With RMail’s Registered Receipt email record, you’ll get court-admissible evidence of compliance with every RMail message you send, proving encrypted delivery, time of delivery, and exact message content.