Impressions of e-signatures today still depend on who you ask. Many users report e-signatures today as “a life saver”, but some still think of e-signature services as “scary to use” or “simply not trustworthy”.
What a contrast, depending on who you ask and what services people have been exposed to.
In RPost’s recent customer survey with more than 2,000 corporate respondents, the comment that seemed to sum up the overall e-sign experience in very few words was, “I love it!” Those politicians that passed the Federal ESIGN laws nearly two decades ago would certainly appreciate this favorable feedback attributed to their efforts to define e-signatures as legal.
Today, the data shows nearly half of e-sign users want e-signature services to go beyond simply recording recipient e-signoff, electronically – they look to e-signatures as a way to streamline and automate business processes. This marks the evolution of the e-signature revolution.
Here are three interesting insights from survey respondents:
1. An increasing number of people see e-signatures as a powerful business automation tool. Nearly half (42%) see e-signatures as an opportunity to automate a business processes.
– Tip: Try RSign templates (click for video), rules, and static link features; the simplest way to automate e-sign processes.
– How does a feature like templates work in practice? Companies send many of the same agreement forms for fill and sign. With an advanced e-signature service like RSign, a company can create reusable and shareable templates with these documents and forms, preparing signature and form fields just once for all future transactions. One can also designate signing roles and orders, reminder options, and more.
2. The most important e-sign features reported were (a) ease of configuring an agreement or form for e-signature using drag-and-drop tools (63%), and equally as important, (b) having timestamped sealed content after e-signature (63%). These were expected results. Interestingly, however, nearly half reported that they enjoy the ability to send for e-signoff **without** the need to configure the document in a web application (45%).
– Tip: If you would like to simply attach any document to your Microsoft Outlook or Gmail email message and one-click send for e-signoff, RMail offers the only way to do this. Simply attach your document to email, send via RMail, and your recipients e-sign with a few clicks. (Watch RMail e-sign video )
– Alternatively, if you like drag-and-drop e-sign setup for forms, try RSign (click for RSign product tour video).
3. The most important purchase driver for e-sign services was user simplicity, which trumped low cost by a factor of more than 2 to 1. After simplicity, users made purchase decisions based on the robustness of the e-sign record with a timestamped audit trailand visibility of the signoff process including time sent, delivered, opened, and signed.
Watch the Tech Essentials e-sign webinar (Click to watch E-Sign Webinar Recording) to learn more about RMail and RSign e-signature user simplicity, templates, and patented timestamped e-sign audit trail and e-signoff process visibility.