From ILTA LegalSEC, The Top 5 Peer Insights (We Took Notes)
To extend the premise of ILTA (the International Legal Technology Association) – learning from peers – we’ve prepared a list of the five most significant issues or insights that we heard from international legal technology security (LegalSEC) conference participants.
Top 5 ILTA LegalSEC insights:
- Email account compromise and BEC are major threats – whether that compromised account is a financial transaction participant, a supplier, or a client. Having advance detection techniques to visually see whose account is currently being eavesdropped on by cybercriminals is, today, a must-have. Now you can with RMail’s Email Eavesdropping™ alerts. These show you in real-time which email accounts are being eavesdropped on, along with all the metadata related to the eavesdropping packaged nicely for further response. And, it can be enabled on any outbound email from any device without need for any plugins.
- Mistakenly addressing email to the wrong person due to the pace of sending (human error) or being lured by cleverly constructed lookalike domains (cybercriminal trickery) is a major risk. Inbound gateways stamping markings on most inbound email makes one numb to the warning. There must be a better way. And, now there is, with RMail’s Lookalike Domain™ alerts that run inside Outlook, protecting against both human error and these tricky cybercriminal lures.
- DLP could be a better experience for not only lawyers but also intended recipients of information. The concept – if sensitive information needs to be protected from leaks with automated filters, and it should be, ideally there can be a great user friendly and secure way to continue the transmission when appropriate. There can; with RMail Gateway™, which is specialized to manage outbound secure messaging with varying levels of message encryption depending on the content and situation, and with auditable proof of fact of end-to-end security. Keep your current email security gateways in place; simply add RMail Gateway to the outbound message stream.
- Eliminating documents floating out on the ether – after a matter ends or if transmitted in error – is emerging as a must-have. However, the consensus is that it has to be simple to do (not require any companion software at the recipient, storage in the middle, or special Microsoft license complexities) and it has to work — kill the documents permanently — even after downloaded at a recipient or further circulated. RPost’s new RDocs™ does just this – and it lets you track views, track readers, restrict readers, or kill documents after the send.
- Enabling E-Signatures without the Rationing. It would make IT easier if one could simply enable a world class e-signature service for all firm staff — and do so affordably, and fully 2-way integrated into NetDocuments or iManage. You guessed it; you can with RSign e-signatures and its certified connectors for these and other document management systems and applications.
At RPost, we’re here for you. Let us know if you would like RPost legal security experts to set you up with any trial accounts or demos. Or, get started here, now!