This is popular for companies aiming to connect high volume web applications to RMail.
Use Web APIs for All Data Flows
Some organizations prefer to use REST APIs to tie in third party applications where possible. This is a popular option when:
- Sending business applications are heavily customized and the sending organization is comfortable programmatically adding processes with web APIs.
- Server-based or web applications may not have an SMTP email send module, and therefore it may be easier to use web APIs rather than add SMTP sending technology.
- Web APIs are better suited to manage high volume sending and transmission reconciliation.
Summary of Total API Process
- Authenticate email addresses with RMail and RSign system.
- Authenticate sender address with RMail and RSign (IP authentication, domain verification, SPF, and DKIM set up).
- Set up automated process to obtain API authentication tokens.
- Authorize sending address with RMail and RSign service plan for sending address.
- Send message via RMail and RSign REST APIs.
- Indicate feature in API call (RMail and RSign e-delivery proof, Registered and Encrypted, Message Level Encryption, E-sign).
- Prepare for return receipts and data reports.
- Set retrieve data time period.
- Use REST API message ID send record or time frame to receive certified data reports.
- Use REST API receipt retrieve process.
- Receive transmission metadata updates.
- Use REST API message ID send record or time frame to receive status updates.